The Palais Niederösterreich has a truly adventurous history. Originally this palace was built in 1513 for the so-called estates, the political deputies, knights, prelates and town councillors. Some parts such as the Landhauskapelle and the Gotische Zimmer still remind us of this time.
In 1861, the Palais was taken over by the Lower Austrian provinvial government.
On 21st October 1918, the provisional Austrian Republic was founded in these halls after the end of the First World War. In 1997 the provinvial government of Lower Austria changed to the new state capital St. Pölten.
Between 2002 and 2004 the palace was lovingly renovated and restored. It guarantees a wonderful atmosphere full of tradition and modernity for your event. It is suitable for all types of events up to 670 participants.
A place where history lives - today and tomorrow. For congress and culture, for presentation and balls. For events with up to 670 people.
Our 4 wonderful staterooms in the first floor have been restored to the smallest detail and equipped with the latest technology and air conditioning.
On the ground floor there is the Landhauskapelle and an additional seminar room as well as two wardrobes.
Whether traditional, classic or international: to make your event an impressive culinary success, we cooperate with some of the best catering companies in the city. In an atmosphere that appeals to all senses.
Rooms and Seating
The Landtagssaal is the centrepiece of the Palais Niederösterreich. Great stucco marble and the impressive ceiling fresco make your event on 346 m² for up to 340 people an experience.
The 167 m² historical Rittersaal, with its gold-decorated baldachin, provides the perfect setting for presentations, gatherings and stylish dinners for up to 150 guests.
The 120 m² Herrensaal is ideal for receptions, meetings, workshops or evening events as a lounge area for up to 120 people.
The Prälatensaal (81 m²), in combination with the Gotisches Zimmer (38 m²), is ideal for press conferences, smaller meetings and events of all kinds for up to 70 persons.
Technical Equipment and Facilities
- Background music in Rittersaal, Herrensaal, Prälatensaal and the foyers
- Air conditioning and heating
- Dimmable lights and automatic darkening
- current, high-power current
for a fee:
- Sound systems
- Microphones and lecterns
- Projectors and flatscreens
- Screens and front projection
- Printers and copies
Leisure and Social Program
You are looking for the ideal leisure program to turn your event into an extraordinary experience? This is a small selection of the many local possibilities. We offer creative suggestions for an unforgettable leisure and social program:
- Bustours: City tours through the historic Vienna, Vienna Woods or full-day tours to Danube Valley, Bratislava, Budapest etc.
- Sightseeing: Discover the most significant sights of Vienna, like Ringstrasse, the State Opera, the Hofburg etc.
- Following Sisi’s footsteps: Visit the showrooms of Schönbrunn Palace, the former summer residence of the Habsburg family
- Panoramic City Tour with boat ride
- Vienna Prater with the Ferris wheel
- Art and Culture: Enjoy concerts, musicals, theatre and opera performances, visit one of the numerous museums or attend a waltz dancing lesson
- Exclusive guided tours relating to different topics
- Museums, palaces and castles in Vienna
- Visit a wine tavern („Heuriger“) in Nussdorf, Sievering or Neustift; ride on the historic tram to Grinzing; wine tasting
- Culinary delights: Enjoy a dinner in one of Vienna’s extraordinary restaurants, visit the famous “Naschmarkt” or attend a cookery course (Apple strudel, Wiener Schnitzel, Tafelspitz) or a chocolate-workshop
- Gala-evenings in historic palaces or art galleries
- Schönbrunn Zoo, e.g. during a guided night tour