Schloss Leopoldskron is pure inspiration! Situated in a unique lakeside location with magnificent view of the majestic mountains, the palace and the adjoining Meierhof are only a short walk from the old town of Salzburg. It is world-famous for being the birthplace of the Salzburg Festival and original film location of The Sound of Music.
For more than 60 years, Schloss Leopoldskron has served its owner Salzburg Global Seminar primarily as an inspiring venue for international conferences. The 55 rooms in the Meierhof as well as the 12 suites in the palace impart a private living atmosphere. Fresh meals by our own catering are always being served in the splendid rooms of the palace which bring back the feeling of Archbishop's times. The originally preserved Rococo palace from the 18th Century is especially requested for romantic weddings and unforgettable events in splendid atmosphere. Clients and guests of the house enjoy an extraordinary ambience as well as a personal, caring service.
Culinary delights and catering
Culinary delights of the highest quality are offered by the on-site kitchen at Schloss Leopoldskron under the supervision of an experienced Austrian chef who, working together with the service teams, strives to delight his guests and offers individual dining specials for events and seminars. The possibilities for individual catering arrangements are nearly infinite.
In addition to an extensive breakfast buffet, coffee breaks, lunch and dinner buffets are prepared in-house for seminars and conferences of more than 15 people. Full course menus and gala dinners are prepared by the Schloss kitchen for weddings, corporate events and groups larger than 20 individuals. External catering is possible as well.
Here you find an overview of all Seminar hotels in Salzburg.
Rooms and Seating
Technical Equipment and Facilities
- 7 Overhead projectors
- 3 Videobeamer
- 12 Blackboards
- 12 Flip charts
- 3 Transportable & 6 stable screens & 1 electronically movable screen
- 3 Videorecorder
- 1 TV
- 6 Computers & 2 printers in the guest offices
- 1 Laptop
- 2 Audio systems
- 4 CD players
- 1 Cassette recorder
- 4 Slide Projectors
- 3 Speakers desks
- 2 Wireless microphones
- 3 Microphones
- 8 Moderation kits
- 1 Copy machine
- 2 Wireless mice
Leisure and Social Program
You are looking for the ideal leisure program to turn your event into an extraordinary experience? This is a small selection of the many local possibilities. We offer creative suggestions for an unforgettable leisure and social program:
- Bus tours by Salzburg Panorama Tours: Original Sound of Music Tour ®, city tours through Salzburg, tours to salt mines in Berchtesgaden, to Eagle’s Nest or Hallstatt etc.
- Excursions: Discover Hellbrunn Palace with the famous trick-fountains, Salzburger Freilichtmuseum (open air-museum), salt mines, the Eisriesenwelt (ice caves), Obersalzberg and Eagle’s Nest and many further impressive sights in Salzburg
- Art and Culture: Enjoy concerts, theatre and opera performances during Salzburg Festival, Easter Festival, Mozart Week etc., visit one of the numerous museums or do a special guided tour, e.g. through the Festival halls and their backstage area
- Sport: Make use of the wide range of possibilities, e.g. golf, tennis, mountain bike tours, rafting, canyoning, nordic walking and much more
- Culinary delights: Enjoy culinary highlights at restaurant „Ikarus“ at Red Bull Hangar-7, be enchanted by Mozart’s melodies at Mozart Dinner Concert or try the famous „Salzburger Nockerl“. For those who prefer to do it themselves, we organize workshops or cookery courses (Salzburg specialties e.g. Salzburger Nockerl, Gugelhupf, Schnitzel)
- Try your luck and spend a nice evening at Casino Salzburg at Palace Klessheim
- For beer lovers we offer beer-hikes and seminars